We, Belarusians abroad,
• do not recognize the elections held in Belarus on 9 August 2020 as legitimate, and Alexander Lukashenko as the elected president based on the results of international exit polls, independent observation in Belarus, the OSCE report on falsifications, official statements of the EU, USA, Canada and other democratic countries;
• condemn large-scale repressions against peaceful civilians conducted with the aim of illegally retaining power and we support the demands of the inhabitants of Belarus: the release of all political prisoners and those illegally detained, cessation of violence and prosecution of those complicit in it, and holding new elections;
• declare that the Consulting Council of Belarusians Abroad, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Embassies of the Republic of Belarus do not have democratic legitimacy to represent the interests of Belarus and Belarusians living abroad.
We announce the creation of People’s Embassies to protect the rights and interests of Belarusian citizens abroad, as well as represent the interests of a democratic Belarus.
The decision to create the People’s Embassies is made by representatives of the Belarusian diaspora on the basis of the resolution of the World Congress of Belarusians and is supported by the National Leader Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya and the People’s Anti-Crisis Management.
The main functions of the People’s Embassies:
1. Informing the public about the situation in Belarus.
2. Establishing and maintaining contacts with government bodies, public associations, trade unions, business, scientific and cultural circles abroad.
3. Protection of the rights and interests of Belarusians, assistance to those forced to leave the country.
The creation of the People’s Embassies became part of the agenda of the World Congress of Belarusians on October 31 — November 1, 2020 and is enshrined in its Resolution (https://belaruscongress.org/resolution).
Contact us in the United Kingdom:
E-mail: [email protected]
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Belarusian community in the United Kingdom: www.supolka.net/uk